The facilitator guides have been developed as an introduction to a number of voice tools and to model ways that you can integrate them into your teaching practices.
The guides are designed to be used in conjunction with the resources you will find in the Case studies section.
Online voice technologies
The guides introduce four online voice tools and situate these in the context of New Practices in Flexible Learning. The online voice tools discussed in the guides are:
- voice boards
- voice chat
- voice email
There is a separate guide for each of the tools, and while many of the findings presented here are common to a number of voice technologies, you will see that each online voice tool has its own individual features and strengths for supporting different aspects of online learning.
What you will find in the guides
The guides will give you useful strategies for using the online voice technologies in your teaching practice. You will find the following information in each guide:
- an overview of the voice tool
- relevance to teaching and learning
- challenges in flexible delivery
- new practices: how the voice tool can help meet the challenges
- integrating the voice tool into teaching and learning
- tips: what to watch out for so you don’t trip up, and
- technical information.